Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a necessity for businesses today if you wish to be discovered online. As more and more businesses and websites now compete for attention in the same space online, customers online will not know what your business has to offer them unless you make use of some SEO tactics.
While SEO can seem difficult, we will recommend some of the best SEO tools on the market that can make your next SEO strategy more powerful and more efficient.
FREE / FREEMIUM PLUGINS
- 1 FREE / FREEMIUM PLUGINS
- 1.1 1. Serpstat – Best SEO Tracking Software
- 1.2 2. SEOquake – Best SEO Browser Plugin
- 1.3 3. Semrush – Best SEO Monitoring Tool
- 1.4 4. Screaming Frog – SEO Website Analysis Tool
- 1.5 5. Ubersuggest – Free SEO Tool by Neil Patel
- 1.6 6. Google Trends
- 1.7 7. Hunter
- 1.8 8. Keywords Everywhere
- 1.9 9. Answer the Public
- 2 PAID PLUGINS
- 2.1 10. Ahrefs – Best SEO Keyword Research Tool
- 2.2 11. KWFinder – Best SEO Ranking Tool
- 2.3 12. Moz – Best SEO Audit Tool
- 2.4 13. SpyFu – Online SEO Tool
- 2.5 14. WooRank – SEO Rank Tracking Tool
- 2.6 15. WordStream – Free Keyword Analysis Tool
- 2.7 16. Majestic – Best SEO Reporting Tool
- 2.8 17. Whitespark – SEO Research Tool
- 2.9 18. Yoast SEO – Best On-Page SEO Tool
- 2.10 19. Lumar – Best SEO Tool for Agencies
- 2.11 20. Seobility
- 2.12 21. Agency Analytics
- 2.13 22. Linkminer
- 2.14 23. Netpeak Spider – SEO Website Audit Tool
1. Serpstat – Best SEO Tracking Software
Started in 2013 as a keyword research tool, Serpstat evolved into an all-in-one SEO platform. It provides its users with different tools, such as search analytics, competitor analysis, and rank tracking.
Serpstat is popular among SEO and marketing professionals. It has a great user-friendly interface, provides all the necessary tools, and is easy on the pocket as well.
Serpstat’s database is pretty diverse and elaborate. The database has more than 100 million keywords, 180 million ads, and 200 million search suggestions.
Their keywords database is neck-and-neck with the database of big-league SEO companies like Moz and Semrush.
- Free: Register to get free limited access allowing a daily limit of 30 queries and access to Position Tracking and Site Audit features.
- Lite: Priced at $55/month billed annually and $69/month billed monthly with 15,000 keywords tracking 1500 keyword clustering, and analysis of 10 Projects.
- Standard: Priced at $119/month billed annually and $149/month billed monthly with 60,000 tracked keywords, branded reports, and 3 team management access among other features.
- Advanced: Priced at $239/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly with 150,000 keywords tracking 5 team management, and technical support on phone.
- Enterprise: Priced at $399/month billed annually and $499/month billed monthly with 300,000 tracked keywords, 7 team management, and all the features from other payment plans.
2. SEOquake – Best SEO Browser Plugin
SEOquake is a browser extension that gives the user key SEO metrics for any analyzed webpage. Users can conduct On-page SEO audits, including both internal and external links. SEOquake can also compare two different websites or particular URLs.
It has useful tools such as SEO audit tools, keyword density reports, internal or external link analysis, and social metrics, for example.
This plugin can easily be installed into several compatible browsers, and it is frequently updated.
It works well for SEO professionals and social media managers. It checks the user’s social stats and gives other vital information such as the site setup, backlinks, deep website analysis, keyword density, and a lot more.
SEOquake is a free browser toolbar that allows quick SEO audit, comparison of domains and URLs, and export of all data into a file.
3. Semrush – Best SEO Monitoring Tool
Semrush is one of the best tools that gives its users advanced benchmarks for digital marketing and SEO. It’s SEO toolkit contains over 20 tools and reporting modules. Its purpose is to help users to optimize websites, allowing it to get search engine traffic.
Semrush gives you access to a huge keyword database, along with a technical SEO audit tool, rank tracking, backlink management tools, and on-page SEO analysis. Additionally, It has a good knowledge base that is available to its large group of subscribers.
Semrush is an advanced SEO competition intelligence solution you will find online, helping marketers in creating content marketing ideas and enhance their online brand presence.
- Free: The free version allows keyword analytics, 10 keyword results per search, and 10 SEO idea units
- Pro: At a price of $83.28/month for annual payments to $99.95/month billed per month. It has 10,000 results for each search, 100,000-page crawls/month, and tracks 500 keywords.
- Guru: Priced at $166.62/month for annual payments to $199.95/month billed per month. This comes with 10,000 results per search, 300,000-page crawls/month, and tracking of 1500 keywords.
- Business: Priced at $333.28/month for annual payments to $399.95/month billed per month. It extends the limits and includes 30,000 results per search, million-page crawls/month, and google studio integration.
- Enterprise: Customized price plan for a large organization, Contact Semrush to get a tailor-made pricing plan as per your requirement.
4. Screaming Frog – SEO Website Analysis Tool
Screaming Frog is a versatile software application that can be used to crawl pages on a website. Simply enter the website URL and the tool will immediately start crawling every page it finds. If the site is properly configured, all of the pages will be hit.
It crawls the same way Google crawls on a site: it follows links. It will find links on the user’s website menu, header, footer, and inside the content. After that, it just follows those links.
The amount of memory that the spider uses may have to be increased if the website has more than 1,000 pages. Fortunately, Screaming Frog allows users to increase the memory capacity with ease.
The user can also switch to database mode, which allows the tool to store the crawled data on a disk instead of in the memory. The best part is that with Screaming Frog, the entire site does not have to be crawled, only a certain subdomain or folder can be specified to crawl.
Screaming Frog can also be given a list of URLs to crawl, which is very resourceful for site migrations. This tool will obey the robots.txt file. Crawls can be saved and referred back to later on.
Screaming Frog has been designed to find technical problems, and help with on-site SEO.
- Free: The cost is free, however, gives limited access to features, and only gives 500 crawl limits.
- Premium: The cost is £149/year. It provides unlimited crawls, custom source code search, Google Analytics, and technical support.
5. Ubersuggest – Free SEO Tool by Neil Patel
Ubersuggest is a great SEO tool for small businesses and it is free. No payments, registrations, signups, or installs are needed, making it easy to use.
Ubersuggest gives strategic insight into what works for others in the industry. This allows the user to apply these strategies, improve them, and possibly get ahead of the competition.
As a free SEO tool, it specializes in creating new keyword ideas. This tool can be used to find ideas for new content, get keyword suggestions, and even knowledge about your competitors.
While it’s mostly free, for more in-depth keyword analysis, you might still want to use other paid products. Ubersuggest is a great option for freelancers on a tight budget for an SEO tool.
Ubbersuggest is a free-to-use keyword generator and tool with an SEO analyzer and free backlink checker.
6. Google Trends
Google Trends is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers that provides powerful search data for topics that gain a lot of traffic. You can view data by location and how it changed over time.
Usually, companies use google trends to track down the reputation of their own company, and to see how their brand name holds up to the broad keyword.
The great thing about Google Trends is that you can search for any product and get access to its historical data which is going to help you determine whether it will bring in a lot of profit or not.
Google Trends is free to use for all.
One of the best SEO tools for a business that uses email outreach as a way to fill its sales pipeline.
What Hunter does is that it allows you to enter any domain and find all emails or contact information associated with that email. This is the most convenient lead-generation tool that every business should use.
- Free: 50 monthly requests and 100 searches per month.
- Starter ($49/month): 1000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Growth ($99/month): 5,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Pro ($199/month): 20,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Enterprise ($399/month): 50,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
8. Keywords Everywhere
If you need a free research tool then Keywords Everywhere is a great (and free) SEO tool for people who need help with keyword research.
Keywords Everywhere shows you related keywords as well as what people search for. It is a must-have for every digital marketer for generating traffic as it provides high-level analytics and advanced keyword suggestions for your SEO strategy.
You can purchase credits for Keywords Everywhere, which are available in bundles. Credit bundles start from $10 per month to $1,000 per month (up to 10 million credits).
9. Answer the Public
Answer the Public is a very crafty insight tool with a well-designed interface that aims to combine searches from Bing and Google, organize them, and compile a report of what people are searching for from their search engines.
It is among the best SEO tools that allow you to get to know your target audience, help you target your keyword search, optimize long-tail phrases, and much more.
- Free: limited daily searches
- Pro ($99/month): Unlimited searches, Compare data + see new suggestions, public language + location-based results, and priority customer support.
10. Ahrefs – Best SEO Keyword Research Tool
As a professional-grade SEO tool, Ahrefs has it all with strong features from keyword management to competitive analysis. Even though the interface isn’t easy for beginners to use, it’s a sound choice for skilled digital marketers.
Ahrefs is known as one of the best SEO toolsets in the industry. SEO and marketing professionals all around the world choose to place their trust in it. It has a simple user interface, which crawls the web, and stores a lot of data.
This data can be used to help in link building, content marketing, keyword research, and SEO strategies. This tool speeds up and enables the growth of traffic to the website through organic search.
- Lite: The cost is at $82/month for annual payments or $99/month for monthly payments. The features include the tracking of 500 keywords, 10,000-page crawls, and 25 domains.
- Standard: The cost is at $149/month for annual payments or $179/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking 1500 keywords from five locations, 500,000-page crawls, and the top 100 ranking index.
- Advanced: The cost is at $332/month for annual payments or $399/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking of 5,000 keywords, 1.25 million-page crawls, 200 keyword daily reports, and allowing three users.
- Agency: The cost is at $832/month for annual payments or $999/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking of 10,000 keywords, allowing five users, 2.5 Million-page crawls, 1000 keyword daily reports, and 100 websites.
11. KWFinder – Best SEO Ranking Tool
KWFinder is highly recommended for beginners and smaller businesses. It is known as an all-in-one keyword, SEO tool, and analysis platform. KWFinder has a different selling proposition since it helps businesses find keywords with high search volumes but low SEO struggle.
This SEO tool calculates precisely the difficulty of ranking on a SERP using a given keyword and then finds the lowest-cost keyword, which delivers the highest SERP ranking. It has a well-designed user interface with powerful features.
This makes it a great choice for starting bloggers, while expert webmasters think it adds value to their work.
- Basic: The cost is $29.90/month for annual payments or $49/month. The features given are 100 keywords per day and 25 competitor keywords per search.
- Premium: The cost is $39.90/month for annual payments or $69/month. The features given are 500 keywords per day and unlimited competitor keywords search.
- Agency: The cost is $79.90/month billed annually or $129/month. The features given are 1200 keywords per day, 700 keyword suggestions, and unlimited competitor keyword search.
12. Moz – Best SEO Audit Tool
Moz is a well-renowned SEO tool that provides real data for listings management, actionable insights, automation of duplicate deletion, and review management. It allows users to take ownership of their data and manage their physical location data with integrity.
The MOZ SEO tool integrates well with other tools with active location management, while also providing automation of previously manual processes to make things easier.
Moz Pro set has the standard for SEO tools with far more advanced features. The toolset is complete for its users and its metrics have set the industry standard for marketers that use other tools.
- Standard: The cost is $79/month billed annually or $99/month. It gives 5 campaigns and 150 keyword queries per month
- Medium: The cost is $143/month billed annually or $179/month. It gives 10 campaigns and 5,000 keyword queries/month.
- Large: The cost is $199/month billed annually and $249/month. It gives 25 campaigns and 15,000 keyword queries/month.
- Premium: The cost is $479/month for annual payments or $599/month. It gives 50 campaigns and 30,000 keyword queries/month.
13. SpyFu – Online SEO Tool
SpyFu is the go-to tool to “spy” on your competitors. It covers all your search engine marketing needs in one useful tool by combining SEO and PPC marketing requirements.
Including SEO keywords, backlinks analysis, and competitor analysis, SpyFu also provides many options for PPC keyword and competitor research.
SpyFu is one of the best SEO tools in the industry because of its strong feature set, high-quality reporting, and the constant support it gives for digital marketing and advertising.
It is known as a competitive intelligence tool for SEO and PPC. The user only has to type in the domain ranking of all the content and keywords. They can also detect Google Ads bought and prominent competitors.
SpyFu’s deep insights and reporting are especially useful for those who are starting a campaign and want to constantly improve it.
As a search analytics tool, SpyFu uses web scraping technology, scraping the data from the internet to detect the keywords purchased by companies and websites when they use Google AdWords.
- Basic: Priced at $33/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with 5000 keywords weekly, 250 sales leads, and 10,000 top lists results.
- Professional: Priced at $58/month billed annually and $78/month billed monthly gives you 15,000 keywords weekly, 500 sales leads, and custom branding reporting.
- Team: Priced at $199/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly offers 40,000 keywords weekly, 2000 sales leads 10,000 API rows returned among other features.
14. WooRank – SEO Rank Tracking Tool
WooRank is an automated website reviewing tool that includes:
- Project auditing & monitoring,
- Keyword tracking,
- Competitive analysis, and
- Strong site crawl
It allows the user to monitor their SEO health and receive workable advice and insights that help optimize the website.
It gives white-label PDF reports and plays the role of a different lead-generation tool for digital marketing professionals. It isn’t just an SEO audit tool, its purpose is to increase resourcefulness to all of the different SEO tools.
WooRank’s SEO tool also has a web application, which creates website reviews immediately. It also provides large amounts of data and combines it with a list of comprehensive tasks.
These features help businesses strategically to gain a higher return on their digital marketing investments.
- Basic: Priced at $59.9/month billed monthly with tracking of 50 keywords, up to 2000 pages of site crawl, online support, and availability in 6 languages.
- Professional: Priced at $179.9/month billed monthly with basic features and up to 5 website projects SEO handling, 250 keywords tracking and 10,000-page crawls.
- Team: Obtain the best SEO ranking software for your team priced at $249.99/month billed monthly with all basic and professional features and additional keywords and page crawls.
15. WordStream – Free Keyword Analysis Tool
It provides services that boost business productivity by handling, assembling, and segmenting keyword lists. It is one of the few best SEO SEM tools that are also supported by Google.
WordStream is used as an online marketing platform that offers management of SEO campaigns as well as keyword research. It is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers that offer integration with big industry tools like Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
You won’t find the classical price table when you visit the Wordstream website. This is because their pricing plan works differently.
Instead of a fixed price to pay, they ask what is your budget; once they know the amount you can spend, they provide their services according to it.
16. Majestic – Best SEO Reporting Tool
Majestic is built to provide backlinks and recommendation data with just a click. Just like how Google shows the result of websites, Majestic does the same but by using more powerful algorithms.
It is one of the best open-source SEO tools that offer extensions with Google Chrome, meaning you can perform site analysis without the usage of the majestic website and save a lot of time.
- Lite: For $49.99/month, Site Explorer, Link Context, Related Sites, Campaigns, Trust Flow, Topical Trust Flow, Referring domains, and much more.
- Pro: At $99.99/month, Everything in Lite alongside Historic Index, Raw Data Exports, Custom Reports, Compare Sites, Flow Metrics History, Clique Hunter, Backlink History, and much more.
- API: At $399.99/month, Everything in Pro alongside Full API, custom monthly data, and create open apps.
17. Whitespark – SEO Research Tool
What specifically makes Whitespark one of the best local SEO tools is that it provides services to multi-location enterprises and focuses on citation building, citation audit, clean-up, and rank tracking tools as well.
It offers a range of SEO tools such as its offline conversion tracker that provides a customizable way to collect data from both offline and online consumers.
- Enterprise ($1,000 annually): 100 Searches/Day, 100 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Agency ($400 annually): 40 Searches/Day, 20 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Specialist ($300 annually): 30 Searches/Day, 10 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Small Business ($200 annually): 20 Searches/Day, 5 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
18. Yoast SEO – Best On-Page SEO Tool
If you are a WordPress user, there’s a good chance you already know what Yoast SEO does. It is one of the most widely used SEO tools for WordPress-powered websites. It works by analyzing published content and assigning an SEO score while also recommending ways to improve the stated score.
Yoast aims to help everyone, evident by their consistent Blog posts that provide enriched knowledge about content SEO, Technical SEO, Analytics, and e-commerce as well.
- Plugin subscription: For $22/month, all Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, including updates and 24/7 support.
- Premium plugin: Priced at $99/year, all Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, 24/7 support, SEO training courses, and access to exclusive premium content.
19. Lumar – Best SEO Tool for Agencies
The name says it all, Lumar will crawl into your website to the deepest level and provide you easy access to actionable SEO information, which acts as a huge time saver.
If you are looking for an all-in-one SEO tool then Lumar is the one for you as it offers the best on-page SEO analysis tools that are not just designed to solve a single problem but offer a comprehensive SEO solution.
Lumar is constantly updating its functions to meet the standards of the latest SEO techniques as well as keeping its users aware of the changes through webinars, knowledge centers, and newsletters.
Users have to contact Lumar’s Customer Service Team and get a quote.
Seobility is another great SEO software that provides tools like SEO audit, monitoring of backlinks as well as ranking. Now, what completes this all-in-one SEO software is a TF-IDF tool that is to be used for content creation.
Seobility has been praised for its ability to analyze every aspect. It will check your website comprehensively by crawling all pages with errors, problems regarding optimization, or duplicate content.
- Basic (Free): For Hobby Users, 1 Project, 1.000 Subpages per Website, 10 Keywords, URL check, and Limited Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Premium ($50/month): 1 user, For Professional Users, 3 Projects included, 25.000 Subpages per Website, 300 Keywords included, TF-IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL check, and Full Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Agency ($200/month): 1 user(s) / month, For Professional Users with many and/or big Projects, 15 Projects included, 100.000 Subpages per Website, 1.500 Keywords included, TF*IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL checks, on-page analysis, and more.
21. Agency Analytics
Agency Analytics is considered to be one of the best tools for the enterprise. The impressive part is its Dashboard that displays all metrics visually, making it easier for clients to understand.
You can also white-label the dashboard and allow your clients to log in. This allows you to monitor their activities.
It offers a host of digital marketing capabilities at a much lower cost. The platform is customizable and easy to use. Plus, the integration offered with Google Analytics and Google Ads works efficiently with all the other features like:
- Site audits
- Rank tracking
- Backlink analysis
- Reporting tools
- and more.
- Freelance ($49/month): Unlimited Branded Reports, Unlimited Staff & Clients, White Label Dashboard, Access to 30+ Integrations, Daily Rank Tracking, Scheduled Site Audits, and much more.
- Agency ($149/month): All Freelancer Features alongside Custom Domain & Email, Client Messaging, Tasks, Custom User Permissions, Multiple Ranking Locations & Languages, and much more.
- Enterprise ($399/month): All Freelancer and Agency Features alongside Multiple White Label, Multiple Dashboards, PPC Markup, API Access, White Glove Onboarding, and much more.
Linkminer is cost-effective and one of our picks for the best SEO tools for eCommerce.
Most SEO software and apps limit the tools they provide. However, even the basic version of Linkminer has almost every feature of the Premium plan.
Linkminer is an analysis tool for backlinks that allows you to analyze the backlink profile of your competitors in the market and find link-building opportunities at the same time. This saves a lot of the user’s time spent otherwise on research.
- Basic ($29.90/month): 100 keyword lookups, 200 keyword suggestions, 100 SERP lookups, 200 tracked keywords daily, 2000 backlink rows, 20 site lookups, and much more.
- Premium ($44.90/month): 500 keyword lookups, 700 keyword suggestions, 500 SERP lookups, 700 tracked keywords daily, 7000 backlink rows, 70 site lookups, and much more
- Agency ($89.90/month): 1200 keyword lookups, 700 keyword suggestions, 1200 SERP lookups, 1500 tracked keywords daily, 15000 backlink rows, 150 site lookups, and much more.
23. Netpeak Spider – SEO Website Audit Tool
If you need a tool to perform in-depth SEO audits of your website or your competitors to analyze the SEO strategy, then Netpeak Spider is what you’re looking for.
Netpeak Spider crawls websites just like search engine bots do, following every link on your website and showing the data of various SEO factors that might be hurting your rankings (broken links and redirects, detecting pages with missing metadata, and showing duplicate content, etc.).
Since you can easily enable or disable crawling of certain parameters (title, description, canonical, backlinks, etc.), you can accelerate crawling and reduce RAM/CPU consumption. If a website is too big, you can crawl it using only the parameters needed the most.
This tool is for both SEO professionals and SEO beginners with its in-depth SEO analysis. It also enhances the description of all SEO issues that make the tool understandable for those who are starting in this sphere.
- Starter: Priced at $7/month billed annually with all basic features, 2 devices access, and standard customer care among other features.
- Advanced: Priced at $12/month billed annually with all basic features including white-label reports, multi-domain crawling, the export of search queries from Google Search Console, integration with Google Drive / Sheets, 2 devices access, and priority-support care.
- Spider+Checker Pro Bundle: Priced at $22/month billed annually with full functionality (both standard and professional features), access to Netpeak Checker, VIP support, and a dedicated manager.
Remember that the cheapest or the best SEO tool is not necessarily the best solution for your website. Carefully consider the features you need as well as your budget to find the right SEO tool.
And if you feel lost and are looking for a professional to manage your website’s SEO, Low Cost Web Agency has your back.