You have a website developed with WordPress, then you already use or you will need a plugin to optimize your SEO. Two SEO plugins for WordPress stand out. Rank Math and Yoast SEO? The choice is not easy. That’s why we decided to write this article to help you make the best choice in terms of SEO plugin for WordPress.
Yoast SEO, a plug-in that has already proven itself
Created in 2010, Yoast SEO is an SEO extension allowing the improvement of SEO on search engines of websites made with WordPress.
What are the main features of the Yoast SEO plugin?
The features provided for free with the Yoast SEO plugin are fairly standard for this type of plugin. Yoast SEO will allow you to:
- the personalized and manual adaptation of the titles and the SEO meta description of each page, article or portfolio;
- personalization of the XML sitemap, to send your sitemap to search engines;
- the analysis of your texts in relation to the target keywords for which you wish to be referenced;
- the ability to insert site schema tags to get rich results on the first page of Google;
- verifying your site via Google Search Console;
- count internal links to and from your page.
The advantages offered by the Premium version and the subscription to the plugins are:
- the creation and management of redirections, in particular 302 and 301 redirections;
- the suggestion of internal links to improve the mesh of your site;
- the proposal of similar key expressions that can be used in your article, thanks to the database of the SEMRUSH platform.
How much does Yoast SEO cost?
Yoast SEO plugin pricing varies depending on the version you choose:
- €229 for one year: Subscription to plugins version;
- 99€ per year: Yoast SEO Premium plugin;
- Free: Yoast SEO Basic plugin.
Rank Math, the plugin that is dethroning Yoast SEO
Like Yoast SEO, Rank Math is a plugin to easily optimize the content of your website integrated with WordPress.
Created in 2018, the tool quickly found its audience and competition, now Yoast SEO which is however older on the market. In just four years of existence, as we speak, Rank Math already totals more than a million installations.
What are the features of Rank MATH?
Everything will depend on the version you choose.
The free version of Rank Math offers you:
- manual SEO customization of each content title (Meta title) and each meta description of your pages and articles;
- the ability to define and customize texts and images intended to be shared on social networks;
- the careful analysis of the performance of your page in relation to the keywords for which you wish to rank;
- creating a custom XML sitemap to send a map of your site to Google and other search engines;
- optimization of image referencing and automatic definition of alt and title tags for images where this would be missing;
- monitoring your site for 404 errors;
- the insertion of the tracking code and the visualization of the various data on the Google Analytics platform.
If your budget allows it, the paid version of the Rank Math plugin will allow you to:
- the ability to track your site’s keyword rankings with 180 days of history;
- the incorporation of the Google Trends tool;
- the automatic addition of watermarks on your images so as not to have them stolen;
- the possibility of being able to have several establishments for the same site referenced by Google via its enriched results.
How much does Rank Math cost?
The price, as with the Yoast SEO extension, will depend on the version you choose:
- $499 excl. VAT/year: Agency version;
- $199 excl. VAT/ year: Business version;
- $59 excl. VAT/year: PRO version.
Rank Math versus Yoast SEO: 5 points of comparison to help you choose better
Although offering almost similar services, there are a few things that allow us to compare Rank Math and Yoast SEO.
1. Rank Math provides many more features than Yoast SEO
Both plugins share the same features in the free version, but Rank Math offers more features for its paid version.
With the free paid version of Rank Math, you are rewarded with:
- the incorporation of Google Trends;
- Local SEO and images;
- handling 404 errors;
- the suggestion during the writing of the content of the site of the internal links;
- the calculation of the number of external and internal links
2. Beware of extras to pay with Yoast SEO!
Yoast SEO asks to pay to be able to incorporate certain modules. On the other hand, with the Rank Math plugin, no need to pay additional costs, because all the functionalities are included from the Pro version.
Here are the paid modules of Yoast SEO:
- Video SEO;
- Local SEO;
- SEO news;
- WooCommerce SEO.
These plugins cost $69 each and are valid for one site only. So if you want to benefit from it on several sites, you will have to pay again each time.
3. Keyword analysis and suggestion
In the free version, Rank Math allows the analysis of five keywords from each content against a single keyword for Yoast SEO.
In the Premium Membership, you get five keyword tracking with the Yoast SEO extension per page. On the other hand, for the Rank Math according to the versions, you have a larger number of keywords. For example, for the Enterprise version, you have access to 20,000 keywords, 75,000 keywords for the Agency and 75,000 keywords and for the Pro option.
4. Behind the prices are the costs and this is where we find the main difference between Yoast SEO and Rank Math
By comparing the price of subscriptions, we realize that Yoast SEO costs much more than Rank Math if you have several sites to optimize.
If you manage several of your clients’ websites, then know that Yoast SEO charges you the first site at $89/year, and then for the next 10 sites, you must pay the sum of $759.50 annually. On the other hand, Rank Math offers for its agency version the installation on 750 client websites and on 200 client websites for its enterprise version.
5. Plugin support and updates to keep up with WordPress updates.
For Yoast SEO plugin technical support and updates are only for people who purchased the Subscription version of the plugins while Rank Math includes all updates and support from its Pro version. Free with Rank Math, paid with Yoast SEO!
- Yoast SEO the ability to analyze multiple keywords;
- management of 302 and 301 redirects;
- the recommendation of several keywords.
So what to choose as a WordPress SEO plugin?
At Low Cost Web Agency, cost optimization is our cornerstone. We wouldn’t be called that otherwise 😁. However, a careful analysis of the commercial offer of these two plugins leads us to the following conclusions:
- Yoast SEO is still a great SEO plugin. However, if you have more than one WordPress website , you will definitely be interested in the artificial intelligence that Rank Math offers.
- Rank Math is also necessary if you want to optimize several sites. You can install Rank Math at no extra cost on all your sites without paying extra, while with Yoast SEO, you will need a hell of a budget since you have to pay for each new site.
- if you do not have a complete mastery of these plug-ins, you will surely need technical support, to enable you to resolve any problems that may arise. Rank Math turns out to be the best choice in this case because regardless of the paid version, you have access to this service. Unlike Yoast SEO for which this service is only reserved for people who have paid for the Subscription to plug-ins version (229 USD/year).
- you are a small business, a freelancer, a freelancer or a liberal profession and you certainly do not want to spend huge sums for the referencing of your site or that of your customers, then we recommend, without hesitation, to choose the plugin RankMath. Quite simply, because its full version is less expensive than that offered by Yoast SEO.
We are pleased to inform you that all of our customers who have a website hosted by us , are granted a free Rank Math Business license.
You need to optimize your website to be at the top of search engines and you don’t know where to start, you don’t have the time or the inclination to take care of it, so don’t hesitate not to contact us.
Low Cost Web Agency offers the cheapest prices on the market for the optimization of the natural referencing of your WEB site.
Want to learn more about SEO and SEO optimization techniques, dedicate 5 minutes to reading our article “8 SEO Tips FOR Google” 8 Low Cost SEO Tips for Google | Know how to position yourself on Google.
We remain at your disposal for any request. Contact us!