Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
You will have to rewrite your site template to accommodate multimedia, including a clear width and height as well as support slideshows, and social media embeds via their own extended component. If your website takes just seconds to load, among the many benefits will be an improvement to your bounce rate, improve a visibility among users who are specifically looking for AMP results in their search and speed in their overall experience for mobile users.
Additionally, if your site is too bulky, old, or has had a few URL structural changes over the years, chances are you are experiencing issues caused by 301 and 302 redirects. Not only will redirects hurt your bottom line, but also Google will drop your mobile ranking if your mobile site does not load quickly. Your site should have a single 301 redirect in place (between the initial URL and the destination URL) because not only do you ruin your user-experience, but unnecessary redirect can also result to a slower site speed and make it problematic for Google to crawl the site, which can affect how well pages are indexed.
301 redirects are necessary, and they have been recommended for SEO reasons, but they become a time waster in your code, especially when you consider mobile networks when they begin slowing down page load time, they decrease the redirection time of the site, or they take visitors to a dead or unsafe URL. Such cases call for a redirect chain clean up.
If your site is performing poorly or doesn’t appear in Google search results thus far, you should consider addressing the following key issues;
- Google has not indexed your website if it’s still new
- You need a robots.txt file to ensure you are not blocking any content or sections of your website you want to be crawled by Googlebot
- You need to setup and submit a Sitemap that helps Google know all the pages on your site, including URLs during its crawling process by installing SEO plugins such as WordPress SEO or Google XML Sitemap
- Go for SSL certificates and change your site from Http to Https in order to secure the connection with the user and eliminate a 404 or Page Not Found error that appears when there are broken links on a website thus rendering a specific page unavailable or nonexistent. This not only provides a poor experience, but the search engines will see it as an indicator of low quality
- Making your URLs more user-friendly will set proper expectations and build trust with others
- Determine the most profitable keyword for your business, and have the knowledge it takes to move you to Page 1 ranking
- Conduct a manual SEO audit of your website in regards to on and off-site optimization as well as keyword selection
- Use Google keyword planner to gauge the competitiveness of various keywords and use meta-tags
- Analyze your technical SEO for specific URL search engine performance